Preparing for yourself or a loved one to enter residential aged care can be a difficult and stressful task. But you don’t have to face it alone.
Navigating through the options and the best way to structure your finances to pay for your care, is where an adviser can assist.
An adviser can guide you through the process, with professional support to create effective solutions for you and your family. As your adviser we can:
- Help you and your family understand the range of care options and how the aged care system works
- Outline the steps ahead to help you find the right type of care
- Act as a reference point for clear and relevant information on aged care and how your finances are impacted
- Help you identify what is important to achieve your goals and objectives
- Review your financial situation and help you determine what you can afford, allowing you to focus on searching for a suitable aged care service
- Explain the range of fees and how they are calculated to estimate how much you need to pay
- Evaluate the options and strategies around your accommodation payment, and implications of keeping or selling your home
- Review potential strategies to maximise age pension entitlements and minimise aged care fees
- Develop strategies to address your cashflow, to ensure you are receiving a reliable income to cover your care fees and other living expenses
- Design strategies that consider your family situation and estate planning needs, such as the importance of an enduring power of attorney
Working with an adviser can provide valuable guidance and support. Our goal is to help you make well-informed choices that will help you access the care you need at a cost you can afford. This can take away some of the stress for you and your family.